Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Red wine before sunrise

It's early here in Idaho, just after 5:00 am and the bottle of cheap shiraz on my desk is getting empty. The day passed in an ignoble manner, with napping, masturbation and sushi dinner being the high points of the day, which only further drove home the fact that I am so far removed from what it really means to be human, and alive, that I can scarcely imagine what it must be like.

I watch 'primitive' people on TV and while I understand my 'quality of life' is probably better what with dentists and toothpaste and chiropractors and health insurance, I feel a twinge of envy in that they -touch life- with every breath, and I only get gasps of it here and there in my submersion into middle-class imprisonment.

Oh, well, there's work to do, money to earn and tests to take.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment